Monday, February 25, 2008

Kids and Cattle

Jason and I had a great weekend. (I really don't think we have had a bad one) On Friday, Jason and I went to eat dessert with Hayley and Jeff and enjoyed visiting with them. On Saturday Jason and I went to Reese's 1 year old birthday party. Here are a couple pictures of my favorite 1 year old



On Sunday Jason and I woke up and decided to drive out to the ranch to surprise my family for lunch. My grandma and papa were at the ranch with my parents and we thought it would be a great time to drive up. We arrived just as they were walking out of their rooms (from changing from church clothes) and were able to surprise them. (note: we don't surprise my mom when she is at the ranch by herself because she might shoot us, seriously, its not a safe idea because you never know what kind of crazy is out there) Jason and I had a great lunch and had fun just hanging out on the ranch. Jason and my Papa scarred some cattle out of the ranch (there is a dairy farm next door) that had came in through an opening in the fence or through an open gate. Jason loved tormenting the cattle once they were on the road. (I'm glad Jon wasn't there to help him or they would have made a day out of teasing the cattle)
We watched my mom and papa make sausage and it was pretty cool. A long process, but a neat one. We ended up leaving the ranch around 4:30 and had a nice hour and a half drive back. We love being close enough to the ranch that we can drive up for an afternoon and get out of town for a little bit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fun day. I'm glad it was a good weekend. I miss you and hope to see you soon!!!

Audria

Tiffany said...

How funny that your favorite 1 year old is my favorite 1 year old!
;)