Flash back to December 17, 2008. I had started my new job a couple of days earlier and was really looking forward to a new start. Little did I know that the "new start" would be a lot more than a new job position. I was feeling tired, stressed, and just plain yucky but figured that it was just the stress of changing jobs in such a short time period. I had taken a pregnancy test a week earlier just to make sure that it was pregnancy and it showed up negative. Well on December 17th I kept thinking I need to take a test to make sure something just isn't right. After taking 4 tests I had 2 positives and 2 errors. {side note: I think pregnancy tests are scam to get your money!!} Needless to say I got little sleep that night and decided to call the doctor the next morning.
On December 18th, after a few blood tests, it was confirmed that yes, I was pregnant. The first words that came to mind were ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Jason and I had decided in November to stop preventing pregnancy. We figured that it would take us at least a year to conceive. Guess you can say i'm Fertile Mertile. After dealing with the idea of pregnancy I had to talk to my boss and explain to her my situation. Thankfully my boss was very understanding. {for the record, I was not pregnant when I interviewed} Just one of the benefits of working in child care, they love babies. One of the neat things about finding out that I was pregant the week before Christmas was that we could tell our parents at Christmas.
On January 8, 2009 Jason and I had our first doctors visit and we were able to see the "peanut" for the first time. We were both really surprised that the little peanut actually resembled a little baby, only an inch long, but still a baby. The heart rate was a strong 186 bmp and we couldn't have been happier. I will try to get the picture of the sonogram posted early next week.
I have lots more that I could say but i'm going to save that for future posts. We're going to have a baby, how crazy is that?!
Here are the details that we know so far:
I am 9 weeks along
The baby is due August 14th
10 years ago


6 comments:
Julie!
I am SO HAPPY for ya'll and excited!!! I'm going to be an Aunt:) -sort of- :) Ya'll are in our prayers and again...I am so excited!!!
Love,
Jeff and Kim:)
P.S. Would ya'll mind if I posted the news on my blog too?
i have CHILL BUMPS reading that, julie! congratulations!!! we are SO happy for you guys! you stopped preventing in november? sheesh woman!!! amazing! i know of one grandparent who is beyond thrilled!...definitely praying for 'lil peanut! love you guys!
Wow! Congrats Julie! What a wonderful gift for your family. I hope you are feeling good. :)
I can't wait to meet the peanut!!!!!
I'm going to practice sewing for another mommy-to-be, so I may be making all kinds of gifts for y'all!
I'm so happy for you guys!
Buzzlet in the womb!
xoxo
Mags
CONGRATS!!!! August 14th is Brody's birthday :)
Congratulations Julie! To you and Jason! :) im so happy for you guys!
you will be a fabulous mommY! :)
sending you much love!
Post a Comment