Friday Night Jason and I went to the Abilene High vs. Permian High game. Shotwell Stadium was packed and it was freezing cold outside. Permian ended up winning but it was a really good game.

Saturday we started Boomer with his shock collar. We decided to get one after we realized that a lot of Boomers bad habits were getting worse and needed to be fixed. Here are a few of his bad habits: getting into the trash, jumping near the counter to get food, trying to get food from the table, and jumping on people when they come inside. We don’t want to hurt Boomer but feel that this is the only way this stubborn dog will learn. So far it has worked really well. We have shocked him a few times for jumping on the counter and he has stopped doing that. Hopefully he will have better manners for our trip to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. He really is a good dog and I want everyone to see that side of him rather than the side of him that jumps to get food.
Sunday Jason and I decided to place membership at Westgate Church of Christ. We love it there and really feel that the church will be a great place to worship and to raise a family at (someday). God has really provided for us.
Sunday afternoon “the dog lady” came out. When ever I see a lost dog I have to help it. Jason told me there was a beagle wandering down the street with out any tags. I put on my shoes and grabbed some food and was on a mission. After following the dog down the street I finally got him to trust me enough to pick him up. We took him to the house and put a collar and leash on him and began walking the neighborhood. Yes, Jason is a trooper considering he isn’t “the dog man.” We walked up and down two streets and finally after the 30th “find your home boy” he did. The dog walked straight up to his owner’s house and we found his relieved owner. Hopefully the owner will find a better way to keep the fence closed. Side note: He was a cute approx.15 lb beagle that looked around 8 years old.... if i was old and single I would have kept him.
Sunday Jason and I decided to place membership at Westgate Church of Christ. We love it there and really feel that the church will be a great place to worship and to raise a family at (someday). God has really provided for us.
Sunday afternoon “the dog lady” came out. When ever I see a lost dog I have to help it. Jason told me there was a beagle wandering down the street with out any tags. I put on my shoes and grabbed some food and was on a mission. After following the dog down the street I finally got him to trust me enough to pick him up. We took him to the house and put a collar and leash on him and began walking the neighborhood. Yes, Jason is a trooper considering he isn’t “the dog man.” We walked up and down two streets and finally after the 30th “find your home boy” he did. The dog walked straight up to his owner’s house and we found his relieved owner. Hopefully the owner will find a better way to keep the fence closed. Side note: He was a cute approx.15 lb beagle that looked around 8 years old.... if i was old and single I would have kept him.


1 comment:
When we put a shock collar on Remington...it changed my life! I could all of the sudden take him on walks without him pulling my arm out of it's socket!!! You're gonna love the benefits of the collar! Before long just having the collar on is good enough (you don't even have to shock)!
Post a Comment