
We stayed at the Inn on Barons Creek which was located within walking distance from Main Street. The hotel was amazing and offered a few extra amenities such as a heated salt water pool / hot tub, a large jacuzzi bath and a complimentary gourmet breakfast to just name a few. Last year for our honeymoon night we stayed at the Four Seasons in Dallas and thought that the Inn on Barons Creek was an excellent second choice!
Saturday Jason and I enjoyed an amazing breakfast at Rather Sweet. There is no way to explain Rather Sweet other than AMAZING. If you are visiting Fredericksburg you must stop by this little bakery. Rebecca Rather is the owner and has published a couple of her cookbooks. I bought the "Pastry Queen Cookbook" and I can't wait to try some of her recipes (almost all of the recipes in her book are from dishes that she serves daily.) Here is a view from our table out on the porch where we enjoyed our breakfast. (The weather was cool and overcast all weekend and we couldn't have asked for anything better!)
After breakfast Jason and I enjoyed shopping on Main Street and seeing all of the different shops. A few of the places that we stopped at were Dogologie, Fromage du Monde, Wildseed Farms, the Circle E Candle Headquarters, Fredericksburg Fudge, Rustlin Robs Gourmet, and many many more.
After arriving in Fredericksburg Friday Night we went to check out Hondos. Hondos is a neat little grill that was opened by John Russell Crouch. The atmosphere and the food there was great! I decided to try out their queso while visiting and fell in love. I will be the first to admit I have a cheese addiction! If you ever visit Hondos you will have to order the queso!Jason and I had a great time visiting Fredericksburg and are glad that we had something to celebrate. We hope to have many more vacations and memories for the future!


1 comment:
It looks like ya'll had a blast!!! I still can't believe it's already been a year. Have a great week:)
Post a Comment