Tuesday, May 13, 2008

And now there are 28...

Thursday Jason and I headed to Arlington to stay for the weekend while I had my wisdom teeth removed. On Thursday Jason and I enjoyed having dinner with my mom and dad at On the Border (my favorite restaurant) and were able to visit for a little while. Friday morning my mom and I woke up early to do a little shopping at Ulta and World Market before my consultation/surgery. By 2:00 I was out of surgery and was on my way home to rest. The surgery went really well and I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor! Not only did the doctor do a great job but we also received a discount (he is a client of ours). Jason picked up my prescriptions, bought me a bath and body works gift basket, and got some tortilla soup (from On the Border) for me that afternoon. I couldn’t have asked for a better husband!! Nothing sounded good to eat except that tortilla soup (he knows me too well); in fact, I ate the soup all weekend long!! I rested for the rest of the weekend and enjoyed being at home. There is just something about being at your momma’s house when you don’t feel well! Sunday Jason and I came back to Abilene to get ready for a new week.

I stayed home on Monday and tried to get some rest and allow the swelling in my oh so fat face to go down (it is now Tuesday and it is still swollen and bruised). To add the fun I couldn’t find Boomer after Jason had left for work on Monday. I looked all over the house and finally found him outside by the air conditioner. Boomer had chased a skunk and the skunk had decided to spray Boomer while he put his nose underneath the air conditioner (by this time he had dug himself a nice little hole). After I finally lured Boomer inside with Pizza I had to give him a bath by washing him 3 times with shampoo and once with tomato sauce to get the skunk smell away. Isn’t it funny how things like that only happen at the worst possible times!

No comments: