Saturday, August 2, 2008

Stormy Weather

Yesterday afternoon we received some much needed rain in Abilene. With the rain came some straight- line winds and some damage.

When I got home from work I noticed that the new apartment complex that they are building on the corner of Hwy 351 & East Lake Road (less than 1/2 a mile from our house) had been effected by the storm. Two days ago there were two buildings standing that looked like this....




Yesterday at 5:00 pm there was only one standing and the other had been completely leveled down due to the strong winds!
Now that is some a storm!! Oh yeah yesterday was also our trash day. I found one of our trash cans next door and the other one down the street (that had hit a car parked on the street).

1 comment:

M said...

Goodness, woman!

You and Jason need to get yourselves and the dogs some helmets, stat!!!

*muah*