Fast forward to last week.... Jason and I were at our One Another Group and one of our friends was telling me how her daughter's pre-school teacher was leaving and that I should go back to Rainbow Bible School to teach (side note, I taught there part time for three years and loved it). I laughed and said that I would love that but that I couldn't afford to take that kind of a pay cut. A little into the conversation our friend told me that Rainbow was looking for a Bookkeeper/Assistant Director too. I let it go and thought about it all night long. After talking with Jason that night and the next morning we decided that I should at least find out a little more about the position. Long story short....after finding out some details I was able to get an interview with the director and was thrilled. I ended up having a second interview with one of the Directors on the Board and was offered the position that afternoon.
I think this job will be perfect for me and I can not wait to see what it has in store for me. I will be in charge of all the bookkeeping plus some different duties around the school. Here are some of the great things about the new job:
- I will be making more than I would have teaching at the pre-school
- I will be able to do the bookkeeping position and also interact and keep up with the classrooms and kids
- I'll get a little more respect in my new position (teachers aren't given the respect they should get, sad but true0
- Someday we will get 1/2 off childcare, until then I'll get a bonus every month for not having a child there
- When we have a baby we will get the first spot in the nursery (there is currently a two year wait list)
- I will get half a day off a week
- Someday when we have a baby I will have the option of just doing the bookkeeping and going part-time
- I'll be around kids (love babies and kids, especially when I can go to my office when they are not happy)
As you can see this is a great opportunity for me and I'm really excited to see how it goes. I have 2 weeks to finish out my job with the insurance agency and will start at the pre-school December 15th! Yippee!!
Thanks to everyone that is sticking with me while my blog goes private. After thinking long and hard I decided that it would be a good idea to go private before I start my new job. The director mentioned that I would be held more accountable and have more authority with the new pre-school position than the teachers have and I feel that keeping my personal life separate will be better.


6 comments:
Congratulations! What a great opportunity!
Grandma's on
Congrats on your new job Julie!!! It sounds like you're going to love it!!!
Congratulations, honey!!!!! I'm thrilled for your opportunity and I know that you'll be much happier!!!!
xooxox
You go girl! You can be anything you want to be! While being able to pay bills is essential your happiness effects your attitude, your relationships, and your health, both physical and emotional. I give God the glory for this new position. It didn't just "happen". I even give Him the glory for the old position being unpleasant. Use this new position to glorify Him and grow in his love. I am proud of you!
Thanks Momma!
Post a Comment