I'll wear the monitor for 24 hours and it will send the readings straight to my OB and to the cardiologist. On Friday of next week i'll meet with the cardiologists and we will go from there. If the cardiologist gives me the okay i'll be going to Arlington to spend a week at home (the school is closing for a week to transition into summer).The rest of the appointment went well. I was given my Rhogam shot to prevent any problems with the incompatibility of my Rh- blood and the baby's blood and the doctor checked the baby's heart beat with the Doppler. I just have to laugh every time someone tries to check Reagan's heart beat because I know what is coming.... a kick from the little one. Sure enough she kicked the Doppler once it touched my stomach and even had a little case of the hiccups as well. Reagan's heart rate was a good 155 bpm and the doctor was happy with that.
It is hard to believe that in less than 3 months Jason and I will have a little girl. The thought of our lives changing is scary and exciting at the same time but we are looking forward to it!


2 comments:
Julie,
I had this same issue when I was pregnant with my second son. It turned out not to be a big deal. They just had to watch me carefully. I had a high heart rate. The only problem was that I felt nauseous and nearly passed out everytime it actually dropped down into the normal range. I hope they don't find anything with the monitor, and I also hope it resolves itself quickly.
Juli Beth (Bridgwater)
hi julie! i hope you're feeling better... and this monitor is helping :)
Post a Comment