Friday, June 6, 2008

Wal-Mart

Where do I even begin….Let’s start with a quick trip to Wal-Mart. Now that I think of it, I’ve never had a quick trip to Wal-Mart. Any ways… I had to run to wal-mart to pick up a connector for my Ipod and thought I would run in and get it… wrong. I stood in the self check out lane for 20 minutes while a woman checked 50 groceries herself. The woman would take one item scan it, look at the screen, place it in the bag, and then re-arrange the bag. After 15 minutes of this I thought this can’t get any worse, but I was wrong. The woman pulls out 12 coupons that she wants to use. She figures out how to scan them in herself and I start to laugh. The scene could have been on candid camera. Finally the last coupon is being swiped and surprise, it won’t scan. Unwilling to give up the woman scans the same coupon 7 times until it works. After she is done she decides it is time to pay and wants to write a check. Come to find out she can’t write a check she’ll have to go to the counter where an associate can complete the transaction. Are you kidding me? Why did she go in the express lane?! I can honestly say if we had a Super Target I would never go to Wal-Mart again; I hate that place and all of there shopping baskets too!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That is definately a negative wal-mart experience. Just recently, I had $150 worth of groceries and there were only a handfull of lanes open, all of which had VERY long lines that weren't moving. Those lines were so long that there wasn't even room for me to get in the line. Know what I mean? The shortest lines were the self-checkout ones. So, reluctantly and with great frustration, I had to check myself out. It makes me very mad that I can spend that much money and not even have the service of having someone available to ring up my purchases.
By the way, I am one of your infrequent blog-stalkers. Your link was on the quad blog a long time back. I added you to my favorites list and check your blog every couple of weeks.