Thursday, February 19, 2009

15 weeks

Tomorrow marks my 15th week of pregnancy. It is crazy to think that I am already a little over 3 1/2 months pregnant and that we will have a baby in 5 1/2 months. YIKES!

The pregnancy is still going well and i'm hoping that my appetite will come back soon. My weight has gone down but it is hard to tell if it is the loss of appetite, change of jobs, or just eating healthier. The quality of food that I eat has changed a lot since i've been pregnant. I still crave fruits more than pizza and queso, sad huh?! I am interested to hear what the doctor says about my weight gain (or lack there of) at my next appointment.

This past weekend Jason and I went to Arlington to visit my family. Saturday my mom and I spent the whole day going to the maternity stores in the metroplex to see if I could find some basics. Motherhood Maternity, Gap Maternity, Old Navy Maternity, Mimi Maternity, and Pea in a Pod were the stores that we were going to check out. We started with Motherhood Maternity and Gap Maternity and didn't find anything that I needed. After ordering/sending back and visiting Old Navy Maternity I quickly realized that their maternity sizes run BIG. So, mom and I went on to Mimi Maternity/Pea in a Pod at the North East Mall. However, the Pea in the Pod hadn't fully transitioned into the store. At this point I was starting to get discouraged. I wondered if I would be able to find something that fit and that I was comfortable in or if I would be stuck in saggy maternity clothes for the rest of my pregnancy. Thankfully mom offered to drive us to Dallas so we could check out the Pea in the Pod to see if they had anything that would work. I walked in the door and was in Maternity Heaven. Not only did the store carry my size but they carried True Religion, Joes, and Seven Maternity jeans.... IN PETITE. The sales woman was extremely helpful in finding my size and helping me decide if the clothing would fit me for my entire pregnancy. After a long day of shopping I was able to buy some basics and mom and I headed home.

Everything else in our household is same ole' same ole'. Jason and I are still enjoying our jobs and are so thankful that we have them during this tough economic time!

I'll leave you with this belly picture at 15 weeks: (Jason says I just look like a normal person that has been eating a lot of Ben and Jerrys, haha!)

3 comments:

Snickleoh said...

your little belly is soo cute!
are those your new jeans in the picture?
and just so you know.. i sent back my old navy clothes too! they were HUGE!!!!

Prissy Petals said...

I'm glad you were able to find some cute stuff! I love your jeans:)

Corrie Loftin said...

Oh Julie, I feel your pain on the maternity clothes shopping.. I could NEVER find anything. Apparently they only make them for obese people.. whoops did I just say that ;)
Anyways, I randomly found a blog about this lady who had quads and I was reading along, loving it, and BAM she's your cousin! lol So now I am blog stalking her too! How cool! lol