Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Check Up

Today I had my 16 week check up. I like to call these check ups the "yes, it's still there check up." All the doctor does is use a Doppler to check the heart beat and confirm that yes, it's still there.

Today the Doppler detected the heart beat at 151 bpm and the doctor said that the little one was moving around like crazy. I reminded her that every time she has checked the heart beat that the baby has been moving and her response was, "your baby will be one of those that has a mind of it's own." Ha Ha! If you know me at all I'm sure that last statement will be pretty accurate.

I am also fighting a sinus infection and the doctor volunteered to call me in some antibiotics. Can you say HALLELUJAH?! I'm sure everyone out there can relate since this has been one of the worst allergy seasons!!

Finally after everything else had been discussed my doctor asked me if I had any questions. I asked her if she was concerned at all with my weight and she said not at all. The doctor said that my belly was growing and that at this point that was all that she was concerned with and mentioned that I still have plenty of time to gain weight. After having so many people mention to me "I can't believe you aren't gaining weight, you really should be gaining" it was nice to hear that my doctor wasn't worried about it and if my doctor isn't worried about it, I'm not going to worry about it.

Now starts the countdown to Peanut's big sonogram.... On March 30th we will (hopefully) find out the gender of the little peanut. I'm hoping for a girl and Jason is hoping for a boy which will make for an interesting appointment.

Before I forget... Here are a couple cute things from the kiddos at work. Here is the conversation I had with a two year old....

she asked, "where is your baby??" I responded by saying "the baby is in my belly." with a puzzled look the little girl asked "is it ready to come out?" haha I laughed and said "no, it's going to stay in there for a while." she then looked at me and said "it's going to be a girl."

She has no idea I'm wanting to have a girl.... of course I said "you're such a smart girl!" Two year olds have to be my favorite age!

4 comments:

Snickleoh said...

yea!! for the baby still being there ;), and for you being healthy, and 3 more weeks until you know the sex!! count yourself lucky for not having much weight gain... its not so much fun! ;)

Corrie Loftin said...

I have a two year old you can borrow if you think they are SO cute?! Have you met a sassy/spoiled one with a bad attitude? lol We love Braelyn!
I am glad baby Peanut is doing great and Mommy too! And for the record, I think it's a girl too! It will make for some FUN playdates! ;) Sorry, Jason :)

M said...

Love the belly! I can't WAIT to find out what the peanut is.... I'm ready to get crafty up in here!!!!!


xoxoxo

It is what It is said...

Post another blog lazy - i can't wait to hear what's new in your world:) haha