Saturday, March 21, 2009

March Madness

Every March we seem to have our own March Madness at the Webb house. Jason's Birthday and our anniversary are just a couple of dates that keep us busy. This year we have been busy trying to schedule a trip to San Antonio, a Garage Sale, and a short trip to Fort Worth for our anniversary along with the other things that just seem to come up.

Jason's work is going well and we have been very lucky that he has been able to "hit his number" for commission. Abilene and the surrounding areas are feeling the effects of the economy and most businesses have put a hold on their spending until things turn around. The last few months Jason has been worried that he wouldn't be able to hit his number for commissions. We have been very blessed that each month something comes through (even on the last possible day!) and we make it. It is a great reminder that we need to trust in God and he will get us through it.

I'm still loving my job and love that i'm always staying busy! Some days i'll be working in the office doing the accounting all day and others i'll be running around the school helping to make sure things are running smoothly. I love that I have the benefit of having an "office job" but that I am also able to interact with the kids and the teachers. I am constantly being entertained by the children and their conversations!

Onto the baby update... The little peanut is doing well as far we know. At 16 weeks I felt the baby move but wasn't quite sure if that is what I was feeling. Sure enough I have been able to feel the baby move around every day. I'm not sure what the baby is doing but it is neat just to know that the baby is there and moving. At 18 weeks Jason was able to feel the baby move and was really excited. At 19 weeks (yesterday) Champ was laying on my belly and felt the baby move. He picked his head up really quickly and looked around to see what was going on. Here is a picture of my growing belly...
We find out a week from Monday what the gender is and we can not wait!! We have names picked out for both a boy or a girl and are excited to move forward with the planning! Speaking of planning... we ordered our nursery furniture last week. We were expecting to the furniture to take a month or so to arrive and wanted to allow ourselves enough time to send anything back if it happened to be damaged. To our surprise we received the crib and the hutch yesterday! The dresser hasn't arrived yet, but we are very pleased with the crib and hutch. After Jason spent all night putting it all together I realized that the room that we are planning on using for the nursery is too small. So, Jason is currently taking apart the crib so that we can use to other guest room as the nursery. I'm sure you can imagine how excited Jason is to be doing this...again! Here is a picture of Jason putting the crib together the first time....Here is a picture of the finished product (the first time)....

I'll be sure to post what we find out at the sonogram appointment when we find out!

3 comments:

Prissy Petals said...

Hey Julie!!! HAHA...I laughed out loud when I saw that Jason had to re-put together the crib...It looks like everything's coming along! I can't wait for ya'll to come down here...we need to figure out a date:) I spoke to Jason last week and I told him to promise me that he would call or text when ya'll find out if peanut is going to be a GIRL or a boy:) Take care!!

M said...

What is this "the first time" business?

Tell him if he has any problems, to get out the gorilla glue and duct tape.

I can't wait to find out if I'm an uncle or an aunt!

xoxo

Suzanne said...

you are toooo cute! and girl, you get that nursery exactly how you want it! ;) can't wait to figure out the sex--good for you guys for already having a name picked out! btw- joe wanted a boy and i wanted a girl! (so, i'm secretly pulling for you!!! don't tell jason! ha)

susan is going to be such a great grandmother!!! i know she is beyond thrilled!! love that belly pic!

hugs!!!
suz