Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dr. Pepper


Since I can remember I have enjoyed a couple of Dr. Peppers a day. Once I found out I was pregnant I decided to make a conscious effort to cut back. Not only was the caffeine not good for the baby but I didn't want to load up on all the extra sugar. In fact over the past 5 months i've consumed probably 3-4 Dr. Peppers. I decided that I could have one if I really wanted one but not to get out of control with them. (I hope I can keep this up after the baby is born!)

However, yesterday was a different story.... the past couple of weeks have been crazy at work. The kids and teachers are burned out and are ready for the school year to be over and I can't blame them at all (they didn't have a spring break this year). So, after a long day I thought it would be a great time do pull out a DP and enjoy a nice caffeinated beverage with my dinner. I sipped on the drink and enjoyed it for a good hour, I wanted to make every drop last :). It did last, the caffeine that is, for four straight hours. I guess after laying of caffeine for so long it didn't take much to "wake me up." Since I was so jittery from the caffeine I didn't go to bed until 3 hours after my usual time and then woke up at 3:30am to be wide awake. Not only was the caffeine keeping me awake but it was like baby crack for peanut. The little thing just couldn't stop moving. The baby was moving so much I could see the sheet move when it would do what ever its doing.

So, long story short i've learned my lesson. I value my sleep at this point and don't feel like sacraficing it for a can of Dr. Pepper so I'll be sticking to my Capri Suns and Propel for now.

No comments: